Monday, November 21, 2016

Junk Wax Adventures #1

I mentioned in a previous post how I wanted to collect some of the better players from 1987 Donruss.  So I picked up 4 packs of 1987 Donruss.  I am hoping to get a Greg Maddux, Bo Jackson or Mark McGwire rookie card.  While I may get no one of interest, it's always fun to open up some junk wax.


First pack I opened and got a Mark McGwire Rated Rookie card!  Pretty good start! 


Second pack had no one of interest aside from Chili Davis.


Third pack had an Orel Hershiser.  Not a bad player to get.


Last pack had a couple of current MLB coaches.  Dave Martinez (bench coach for the Cubs) and Mike Maddux (pitching coach for Washington Nationals).


Overall I am happy I got one of the cards I wanted.  1987 Donruss is super cheap and a decent looking set from the 80's.  Also, these puzzle pieces are pretty fun so I might try to complete it when I need something different to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment