Thursday, January 5, 2017

Gems Of The Game Blaster Box

Happy New Year!  After a very busy Christmas season for me I finally have some time to post some things I bought.  First up, I decided to take a gamble with one of those Gems Of The Game blaster boxes they sell at Wal-mart and Target.  You get 1 graded card, 8 regular packs, 1 fat pack and 1 bonus pack.


First, the graded card...and I got Cole Hamels from 2011 Topps.  Not too shabby of a player, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish for any Cubs player or a Trout, but I doubt they put many of those in there.


Packs number 1 and 2 are from USA Baseball Champions.  I did pull a numbered card of Ryne Stanek, but that was about it.


Packs 3 and 4 are from Topps 2012 Series One.  Some neat looking inserts, but again, mostly base stuff.


Packs 5 and 6 are Topps 2014 Series One.  More base cards and I got a Samardzija. MEH


Pack 7 is.....Pinnacle?!?!  This brand still exists in some capacity?!?!


Packs 8 & 9 are just stickers.  BOO!


Finally, the "fat pack" that was referenced on the box.  You thought it was gonna be a relic pack too, didn't you?  NOPE.  It's just a jumbo hanger pack of some Topps.


Well, that was a pretty disappointing box to get.  For $20 I didn't expect much, but when you throw in 2 sticker packs instead of real packs, you get negative marks for that.  I wouldn't recommend buying one of these unless its in the clearance section for $5.  The graded Cole Hamels is decent, but the card isn't very exciting to me.  If anyone wants the Cole Hamels I'll throw it into a trade for free.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, not great for $20. Maybe they shouldn't leave the markdown sticker on the pack. B^)

    You appear to have confused Cliff Lee with Cole Hamels. I think Lee would have been marginally better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch! I guess I was wishing it was Lee instead of Hamels. lol

      Delete