Skip to main content

Awesome Mail Day! First Superfractor!

I use www.lonestarboxbreaks.com for case breaks and "pick a pack" from time to time.  I have had some decent hits before, but none like I had last week.  The way pick a pack works is you go to the site and buy random hobby packs with a number.  Then the packs are mixed up out of the box (on live video feed) and numbered randomly.

I purchased some packs of 2016 Donruss Optic Baseball and Football, 2016 Panini Classic Football.  I also was given a free pack of 2016 NBA Hoops.  Each pack purchased last week got you an entry into a drawing for a 2015 Spectra Garrett Grayson Superfractor.  I had 10 entries and actually won!

First up is the Superfractor I won.  It's of Garrett Grayson from the Saints and it's the first one I have ever had.  Looks really nice in person.



From Optic Baseball I pulled a Manny Machado green parallel 2/5 and a Buster Posey Diamond Kings gold parallel 3/10! 





For my NBA Hoops pack I pulled an auto of Dakari Johnson.  I don't follow much basketball, so I haven't heard of this player.


I would say I had some pretty good luck last week.  I'm not PC-ing any of these teams or players, so all of these are up for trade.  I'm always on the lookout for Cubs cards and I want to get some Dak Prescott or Ezekiel Elliot cards.

Comments

  1. I did some of the Lone Star Box Breaks holiday packs last year. Didn't pull anything of note and they sent the package without enough postage, so I had to pay to get it from the post office. When I messaged them about it, they never responded.

    It looks like you've had better luck with them, though. Nice pulls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a bummer, sorry you had a bad experience with them. I haven't any shipping issues yet.

      Delete
  2. I'd be interested in trying to scrounge up some good Cubs to trade you for the Manny Machado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I didn't see your message in time. I had posted in on eBay and someone already snatched it up. Sorry!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Loot Locker

The Loot Locker is a $20 monthly subscription service that sends you hobby packs of sports or movie/tv cards.  You can choose between baseball, football, basketball, hockey and the new movie/tv boxes.  I purchased a single baseball box from September.

The box it comes in is a 400 card storage box (nice touch) and inside it had 4 hobby packs of cards, toploaders, penny sleeves, team packs and some bonus candy.  If you are lucky you can get an upgrade to your box with bonus packs of cards or hits.  I was fortunate this time to get an upgrade which you will see at the bottom of the post.  I don't want to spoil it, but I was pretty happy with it.

The packs for September were 2 Donruss Optic, 1 Bowman Chrome and 1 Diamond Kings.


I didn't get anything interesting from Diamond Kings or Bowman Chrome, but my second pack of Donruss Optic had a really nice hit.  I pulled a redemption for a Raul Mondesi Rated Rookies 1987 Retro Signatures Gold /5!  If you haven't seen any of the retr…

Walgreens MLB Jumbo Value Box

Walgreens has these 100 card value re-pack boxes of baseball and football cards for $4.99.  It says on the box there is a hit in every fourth box, so I figured why not take a shot.  After sifting through the cards here are the ones I liked the most.

Check out the awesome Kent Tekulve!  I'm gonna have to start a PC for him ASAP.


Yu Darvish, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry and Steve Avery.

An Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial and Jose Canseco/Terry Steinbach/Mark McGwire combo card.

Lastly, Ryne Sandberg and Kerry Wood cards I didn't have in my PC!  I also got a hit!  An autograph of Miguel Negron 95/100.  Doesn't look like he ever made it to the majors, but it's nice to get a "hit". lol

As it turns out, this was a really fun box I picked up that had some cool cards to add to my PC.

Sports Card Collectors Contest Win!

I have entered a few contests on Sports Card Collectors blog and last week I won!  The card I won is a Topps 2016 Olympic autographed card of Holley Mangold.  What's awesome about this card is this is the Gold auto version numbered 14/15.  It's a really tough pull, but thanks to Sports Card Collectors I can add this to my personal collection.  Thanks again for the contest and be sure to visit the Sports Card Collectors website to enter more contests that are currently running!

Direct link to his contest page: http://sportcardcollectors.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html