Monday, March 20, 2017

Mail Day #5 and LCS Visit

I hit up my LCS and decided to dig through the cheaper boxes of cards they have in the back.  After looking through the cheaper autos, I settled on a 2013 Topps Archives Ruben Sierra auto.  I enjoyed watching him play when my parents took me to the occasional Texas Ranger game in the early 90's.


When I got back up to the counter I decided to try my luck on a few packs of 2017 Topps Series 1 and I got a hit!  Continuing my streak of hitting Diamondbacks, I pulled a Paul Goldschmidt relic.  I'll throw this onto the "For Trade" page on the blog.


My last pack I got a "Rediscover Topps" Tom Glavine rookie card.  This has been the best buyback I've gotten from 2017 Topps for sure.


For my most recent mailday I was finally able to snag an Ian Happ auto.  I also picked up a Jorge Soler auto from 2015 Topps Heritage Baseball '51 Collection.  I really love the look of the '51 design and want to also pick up the Addison Russell auto from this set too.


2 comments:

  1. I still haven't secured an Ian Happ auto... I was going to wait until the prices leveled off a bit, but with his good showing in Spring Training this year I'm still waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get the Happ auto for $15 on eBay. He has a lot of autos in Donruss 17, so I think that helped drive down the cost of the Bowman auto I got.

      Delete