Skip to main content

Mail Day #5 and LCS Visit

I hit up my LCS and decided to dig through the cheaper boxes of cards they have in the back.  After looking through the cheaper autos, I settled on a 2013 Topps Archives Ruben Sierra auto.  I enjoyed watching him play when my parents took me to the occasional Texas Ranger game in the early 90's.


When I got back up to the counter I decided to try my luck on a few packs of 2017 Topps Series 1 and I got a hit!  Continuing my streak of hitting Diamondbacks, I pulled a Paul Goldschmidt relic.  I'll throw this onto the "For Trade" page on the blog.


My last pack I got a "Rediscover Topps" Tom Glavine rookie card.  This has been the best buyback I've gotten from 2017 Topps for sure.


For my most recent mailday I was finally able to snag an Ian Happ auto.  I also picked up a Jorge Soler auto from 2015 Topps Heritage Baseball '51 Collection.  I really love the look of the '51 design and want to also pick up the Addison Russell auto from this set too.


Comments

  1. I still haven't secured an Ian Happ auto... I was going to wait until the prices leveled off a bit, but with his good showing in Spring Training this year I'm still waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get the Happ auto for $15 on eBay. He has a lot of autos in Donruss 17, so I think that helped drive down the cost of the Bowman auto I got.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Loot Locker

The Loot Locker is a $20 monthly subscription service that sends you hobby packs of sports or movie/tv cards.  You can choose between baseball, football, basketball, hockey and the new movie/tv boxes.  I purchased a single baseball box from September.

The box it comes in is a 400 card storage box (nice touch) and inside it had 4 hobby packs of cards, toploaders, penny sleeves, team packs and some bonus candy.  If you are lucky you can get an upgrade to your box with bonus packs of cards or hits.  I was fortunate this time to get an upgrade which you will see at the bottom of the post.  I don't want to spoil it, but I was pretty happy with it.

The packs for September were 2 Donruss Optic, 1 Bowman Chrome and 1 Diamond Kings.


I didn't get anything interesting from Diamond Kings or Bowman Chrome, but my second pack of Donruss Optic had a really nice hit.  I pulled a redemption for a Raul Mondesi Rated Rookies 1987 Retro Signatures Gold /5!  If you haven't seen any of the retr…

Walgreens MLB Jumbo Value Box

Walgreens has these 100 card value re-pack boxes of baseball and football cards for $4.99.  It says on the box there is a hit in every fourth box, so I figured why not take a shot.  After sifting through the cards here are the ones I liked the most.

Check out the awesome Kent Tekulve!  I'm gonna have to start a PC for him ASAP.


Yu Darvish, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry and Steve Avery.

An Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial and Jose Canseco/Terry Steinbach/Mark McGwire combo card.

Lastly, Ryne Sandberg and Kerry Wood cards I didn't have in my PC!  I also got a hit!  An autograph of Miguel Negron 95/100.  Doesn't look like he ever made it to the majors, but it's nice to get a "hit". lol

As it turns out, this was a really fun box I picked up that had some cool cards to add to my PC.

Sports Card Collectors Contest Win!

I have entered a few contests on Sports Card Collectors blog and last week I won!  The card I won is a Topps 2016 Olympic autographed card of Holley Mangold.  What's awesome about this card is this is the Gold auto version numbered 14/15.  It's a really tough pull, but thanks to Sports Card Collectors I can add this to my personal collection.  Thanks again for the contest and be sure to visit the Sports Card Collectors website to enter more contests that are currently running!

Direct link to his contest page: http://sportcardcollectors.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html