Monday, October 17, 2016

The Loot Locker


The Loot Locker is a $20 monthly subscription service that sends you hobby packs of sports or movie/tv cards.  You can choose between baseball, football, basketball, hockey and the new movie/tv boxes.  I purchased a single baseball box from September.

The box it comes in is a 400 card storage box (nice touch) and inside it had 4 hobby packs of cards, toploaders, penny sleeves, team packs and some bonus candy.  If you are lucky you can get an upgrade to your box with bonus packs of cards or hits.  I was fortunate this time to get an upgrade which you will see at the bottom of the post.  I don't want to spoil it, but I was pretty happy with it.

The packs for September were 2 Donruss Optic, 1 Bowman Chrome and 1 Diamond Kings.


I didn't get anything interesting from Diamond Kings or Bowman Chrome, but my second pack of Donruss Optic had a really nice hit.  I pulled a redemption for a Raul Mondesi Rated Rookies 1987 Retro Signatures Gold /5!  If you haven't seen any of the retro signatures from Donruss Optic, they are in the format of the original Donruss cards from the 80's.  It looks really nice in a chrome format too.  

I redeemed it last week and it hasn't shipped yet.  When I get it I'll make a separate post on the blog.


Now for my bonus hit that was part of my upgrade.  I got a Topps Tier 1 Clear One Autograph of Dallas Keuchel numbered 12/25!  Pretty awesome to get this added to the Loot Locker since he won Cy Young in 2015.  (Sorry for the crummy picture.)


Overall, I think The Loot Locker is a solid value and a fun thing to get in the mail each month.  If you are interested in picking one up you can go to www.thelootlocker.com.  No monthly subscription is required, you can purchase single boxes.

3 comments:

  1. Get yourself a scanner. That card looks so sweet! I want to see a better picture. Also, Christmas Card!!! Hit up defgav! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I need to scan it for sure. I'll shoot defgav an email and see if he is interested! :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, nice Christmas Card! I'll be in touch re: possibly working out a trade.

    ReplyDelete